Matthew 24:30 - And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven:
This animation is designed to illustrate some of the features we should expect to see in the heavens from Jerusalem on August 2nd 2027 - the Day of the LORD:
1) The sun will go down at noon (a lot faster than normal), and the earth will be darkened in the clear day. (Amos 8:9, Isaiah 16:3, Job 5:14, Deuteronomy 28:29)
2) The light shall not be clear nor dark. On this day, it is "not day, nor night". The sun shall be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light. (Zechariah 14:6-7, Matthew 24:29, Joel 2:10)
3) The stars shall fall from heaven, visible motion westward (and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken). (Matthew 24:29)
4) The Sun -- Moon stands as a habitation. (Habakkuk 3:11 YLT)
5) The sun will be dark when it rises. (Isaiah 13:10 NASB)
6) At evening time it shall be light. (Zechariah 14:7, Habakkuk 3:11 YLT)
An important theme is present in various parts of Scripture that deal with the Apocalypse, or the unveiling, the revealing, of Jesus Christ to the whole world. The table below illustrates how the great earthquake is usually coupled with the sun and moon being darkened.
This is not the only case in Scripture where the stars are referring to angels. An Old Testament example clearly demonstrates the parallel.